Thursday, December 11, 2014


Educational Metaphor: Final Blog 
Education is a mother. 
I say this because when thinking of something in this world that education resembles I think of a mother. I think this because education ends to all of our needs. We need knowledge, education gives us that, we need to support ourselves, education gives us that. we need to socialize and learn social skills, education gives us that. We need to learn how to problem solve, education gives us that. We need to learn equality and justice, and education can give us that as well. It is like a mother; guiding us through life and teaching us many useful lessons along the way. It will always be there for us to fall back on and it teaches us to support ourselves as human beings. Though education cannot make us chicken soup when we are sick education can teach us how to solve our problem of being sick on our own and help us be independent beings. Education is a mother. 

Three things I learned throughout this course: 
A lot of things come to mind but the first things I think of are...
Teachers are the role model of the class. They set forth the example they want their students to follow. I learned that a teacher has to be on his or her best behavior. Morally, ethically, and just with plain mannerisms The children/students will follow the teachers example, and I will be sure to always remember this while one day teaching my own classroom. 
I do want to become a teacher. So many people go into this profession with out he passion behind it. I learned of a lot of down falls and also positive aspects of becoming a teacher. I took all of these aspects into consideration and concluded I still want to become a teacher. We read about people who should not be teacher and who did not show the right passion for teaching. I put myself in a lot of possible scenarios that could happening in a teaching carer and there was not one scenario that changed my mind. I learned that I am truly passionate about teaching and that this is really what I want to do.
There is a lot of diversity among  the students in a classroom. I learned hat a teacher has to be aware of this and ready to handle any diversity he or she is placed with. I learned that a teacher must treat all of their students equally and with the same treatment, no matter how hard it might be to communicate, teach, or understand a student a teacher must treat all students equally and sometimes even go a few extra steps to understand the diversity in the classroom. 
Through blogging and he other students in this course I learned tat all teachers are going to end up different. We all have different views, backgrounds, and goals to meet. Seeing everybody's blogs every week and creating my own and seeing the major differences helped me to open my eyes to this. i learned that we all have different teaching styles and values. Some people value the thought of Columbus day and others do not want to teach about when thy become teachers. This is just one simple example of how we all differ from one another with our views and beliefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment