Thursday, October 2, 2014

Edu creative assignment on global education

For my creative assignment I chose to answer the question: what groups do you belong to and what groups have you been assigned do you share membership in any of these groups with people from different nations or cultures? I took this question pretty generally meaning I considered what groups I belong in as a member of the world and universe and also the groups I belong to that mostly define me. I chose to make a collage since I couldn't get the other creative option to work. I first put a picture of students in my collage to represent the most important aspect of my life right now; being a student and going to school. Many young adults attend school around the world and we can all relate to each other as students, I also put a picture of an educator because I have had the opportunity to educate and it is something I keep growing passionate about. This passion can be shared around the world and is one job that many countries, nations, and cultures depend upon. I also put a mother with her baby. Although I am not a mother yet I am soon to be and I have a lot of choices culturally about how I will raise my child which I feel puts me in membership culturally to other mothers. I say this because my child will be half Moroccan and I intend to interpret this culture into my child's life. Every mother does this with their child, it is inevitable. so I feel I belong to a mothering group with a bigger emphasis on culture, being able to relate to raising a child to a specific culture. I also put dancers. Dance is a big part of my life and always has been. I have taught it and I have been taught it so I feel as a part of a group. There are many dance styles and variations around the world and dance is important to many people like it is to me, that is why I have out this as one of my groups. Lastly I put a free spirit. I feel as if though I am a free sprit and although I haven't met many people with the same mentality I know they exist and being part of this group makes me more open to new things and more accepting of what's out of the ordinary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment